Sunday, June 20, 2010

Monochromatic and Complementary Photos (week 4)


I found that this weeks assignment really tested your creativity. I was finding it hard to create a monochromatic photo. I ended up taking a photo of a young maple tree in my yard. I took the shot looking down on the leaves of the maple. The background color comes from the interlocking bricks on a near by walking path.



The complementary color scheme was equally as challenging. I used a photo that I took of some purple petunias. From this direction the background was my yellow Jeep. I Liked my monochromatic shot better, because of the background. I thought that the petunia photo would have been better if I could have snapped the shot at a different vantage point. At this vantage point the background just looks like a blob of yellow.



Lighting shots still to come!

7 comments:

  1. The background of the yellow jeep is a great background for the petunias, it goes great with the purple and green colors. The shot of the leaves, along with the background, is a soothing/relaxing photo to look at. Like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both pictures. Knowing how difficult it was to find a monochromatic shot I like the way the maple leaves blend with the pavers. I probably would have missed this out in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are amazing, i love the leaves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is all I have to say. Your complementary photo is so awesome. I found the color assignments very tough too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the yellow background for the complimentary photo. It reaaly gives the green and purple vibrance. I really like bright colors, it is something that has always been a distraction for me..I'm the one that is always saying "ohh look pretty" and everyone is saying "hello, pay attention". haha what can I say, Im easily distracted by pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The complementary color scheme shot is great with the purple flowers popping off the yellow background. Great work.

    ReplyDelete