Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lighting Shots (Week 4)


This is my first set of lighting photos. This week I have been helping my parents out with some work at there house in NJ. This shot comes from there front porch. The pictures were taken in the morning, noon, dusk, and evening. I really enjoyed working on these photos.



This set of photos were also taken at my parents house. Same scenario, but these pictures had a little more to offer. I wish that I had my tripod set up to take these photos, so that I was in exactly the same place.

6 comments:

  1. The shots of your porch are great, very different and interesting. I really like that the sun casts a shadow of the fence on the ground. And then the colors of the evening picture are very crisp. The first night shot is cool with the blue tint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loev the porch photos. The sense of depth is really cool. I like the first one with the morning sun and the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool set of photos. The way you are presenting them is very nice as well. Seeing them side by side makes for easy comparison.

    I especially like the first porch photo. The shadow from the railing adds another dimension to the work. It tells the story of the railing without being able to really see the source. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, these are great! I especially like the burst of orange which appears in the 3rd Gazebo shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I don't think the composition suffers from the lack of a tripod / uniformity. My personal opinion is that the slight inconsistency of angle adds more to the photo than it takes away.

    Also, how did you combine the 4 photos? Picasa?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lit, I took the photos and put them in a folder the same way that you did the collage. I just used the side by side, style of collage. Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete