Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dodge and Burn Tool / Filters (Week 9)


Before

After

My First photo was the original. I used the Dodge and Burn tool to brighten up the details on the statue, and a little in the really dark tree branches. This tool took some getting use to. At first it was really making everything look as though I was carelessly using the Paint brush, than it look like I wasn't doing anything at all. Finally I got the hang of it, and realized that this tool is going to be great in the future.





For this manipulation, I used a Enhance Filter called "Unsharp Mask". Once selected I changed the Radius, Amount, and Threshold until I got a finished product that I liked.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did using the dodge tool on the statue. Your attention to details show you added areas of light at the right angles of the statue. Great work. I like the butterfly image too!

    ReplyDelete