Saturday, July 31, 2010

Clone Tool and Watermarking




While creating these watermarks I used two different methods. The first two shots were done exactly the same. I opened a new canvas, and set the dimensions that I wanted to use. Once this was done I set the background as transparent, by going to "Layer" on the menu bar and scrolling down to "Transparency", than I selected "Add Alpha Channel". Next, I clicked on "Edit" (on the menu bar), and than "Clear". Now the background should look like a checker board. From this point I selected the "Text Tool" and chose my dimensions. I than selected my Font, Color, and Size. After that was done I saved my Watermark as a PNG File. I than opened a photo that I wanted to apply my watermark to. Next, I copied the text, and pasted it as a "New Brush" this than saved my watermark making future usage very easy.

In my third shot, I created the text by creating its own layer.


Before


After

In the next two photos I used the "Clone Tool". In the second shot, I added the additional Raspberries, as well as the branch on the right side of the bunch. I created the extra raspberries by pain fully cloning at 400% zoom. For the branch I decided to try something different. I took a copy of the original and flipped it using the "Flip Tool". Once I had this done I selected the branch by using a "Quick Mask" and painting my selection. Once I had what I wanted, I inverted my selection and deleted the background. From here on out it was fairly easy to Clone. I liked doing it this way, because it made my clones precision even better. I'm not to sure If I like my manipulated shot better, but I can see how this tool can make a great photo that much better.

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the raspberry photo. You changed it to be a bright and colorful bunch of berries. I love using the clone tool. It is amazing what you can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is inspiring to see you do such awesome work. The painstaking part is usually what helps bring about brilliant results. I am so psyched to see you exploring all the tools keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that raspberry photo is awesome! It's pretty much flawless. I was struggling with the clone tools and such. You seem to have nailed it. I think I actualy like the cloned picture best haha

    ReplyDelete